Link Your PAN Card with Aadhaar Card | Pan & Aadhar Card Link Status Check at onlineincometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
The official process for linking the Aadhaar number to the PAN card: The Indian citizen has a mandatory task of linking the Aadhaar and PAN card. A ruling by the supreme court (SC) citizens have to link the cards to file their income tax returns (ITR). The tax department has introduced an official website for e-filling. This goes the tax filing process as linking gives more significance to bank transactions and KYC details.
The central board of direct taxes (CBDT) had issued a closing date for the process. This being 30th December 2019. It was later extended to 30 June 2020. The dates offer more time to link and file taxes without any issues. Citizens who don’t comply will have their card revoked and not working by 30th June 2020. Here we have several ways to link your Aadhaar and PAN card before the said dates.
Link Aadhaar Card With PAN Card Online Step by Step Procedure
The process can be done using the official website link www.incometaxindiaefilling.gov.in. The online process has two simple processes. One can link by logging in to the account or not. The portal is open to all citizens.
1. Without logging into the account
- Visit the official website https://www1.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-FilingGS/Services/LinkAadhaarHome.html
- On the homepage select the link button.
- Key in the details: PAN card number, Aadhaar card, and names as written on both cards.
- There should be no mistakes in the names. Note if any mismatch occurs one has to change the cards to have the names read the same.
- Now select the submit button, the UIDAI verification code will be displayed.
- The system also sends an OTP for the user with a minor mismatch. The other details should totally match. However, if the details are completely different one can’t link the cards.
IF are Registered with Income of tax India E-filling website
2. Logging in to your account
- Go to the income tax official website page https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home
- New users need to register to access the account.
- If already login into an e-filling portal key in your login details, password, and date of birth.
- A new page will show requiring you to link your Aadhaar to PAN card. If the page doesn’t appear go to the menu tab. Select the option “link Aadhaar.” From the setting profile.
- The system will display your name, date of birth and gender.
- Check to verify the details mentioned on the screen.
- Now enter the Aadhaar card if the detail matchup with your PAN and Aadhaar data.
- Enter the captcha code on the screen and click on the link button.
- The system will verify and send a message indicating a successful linking process.
How to Link Pan Card & Aadhar card by sending an SMS?
Process of linking the Aadhaar number and PAN card using SMS
Citizens can use the SMS method for linking. The process is effective and easy to use. Send a message through your mobile device. This doesn’t require the internet or specialization.
Send an SMS to 567678 or 56161. Example UIDPAN<SPACE><12DIGIT Aadhaar number><space><10digitPAN> UIDPAN 235498756984 AKPZS2314M.
SMS ‘UIDPAN AadharNumber PanNumber to 567678Example for Link Aadhaar and PAN Card using SMS facility
PAN & Aadhar card Linking by filing up a form (Annexure-I)
Those of whom can access a mobile device can visit the PAN service center. They can also go to the NSDL OR ITIITSL. Here you need to fill a form Annexure-1, have all your supporting documents. They should match to complete the process. Changes or corrections attract a fine of RS 110. Citizens should link to have their card function and file taxes easily.
PAN Card link with Aadhar online Official Website
How to Check PAN Card & Aadhaar Card linked status online?
Step by step Procedure PAN and Aadhaar Link Status Check Online
- First visit this pan aadhar link online official website https://www1.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-FilingGS/Services/AadhaarPreloginStatus.html
- Fill the blanks with details
- PAN NUMBER
- AADHAAR NUMBER
- Press “VIEW LINK AADHAR STATUS” button
- That’s it you have Done!
Aadhaar Pan Link Last Date Extended
- 30th June 2020