How to Apply for Duplicate PAN Card

Apply for Duplicate PAN Card – Online Application

If your PAN card is damaged or you have lost it, you can apply for a duplicate PAN. The process is actually quite similar to making correction in PAN card as in that case also the applicant is delivered the duplicate one with required changes. The online application for reissuance of PAN card and making changes is same. The only difference is that the applicant should not select any box in the left margin during filling the form while requesting for duplicate one. This process might seem confusing to you initially, but don’t worry in this post we have mentioned each and every step clearly.

Instructions to the Applicants :

  • Applicant has to fill in the online application. So make sure that you are connected with internet.
  • In case any errors are highlighted, applicant has to correct them and submit again
  • Make sure that while filling the application you don’t select any box on left margin
  • If applicant wants to change the address of communication, this can be updated while filling the application. If not changed, the previous address will be used.
  • If you are going to pay through Demand draft or Cheque,make sure that the Acknowledgement number is mentioned on the reverse.

Processing Fee :

  • For Indian Communication Address : Rs. 105
  • For Communication Address outside India – Rs. 971

Note : You can pay the amount through online mode or offline mode.

Step by Step Procedure to Apply for New PAN Card :

  • First of all open this page
  • Now scroll to the bottom and from the “Please Select” drop down, select the option according to your application type and click on the select button
  • Now you need to fill in the application.
  • After filling it click on the Submit Button
  • An Acknowledgement containing all important information will be displayed.
  • Save it and take the print out
  • Now you need to affix two recent passport size photographs and fill in the signature in the space provided

The acknowledgement duly filled along with the Demand Draft/Cheque(If not paid online), Proof of identity, Proof of Address, proof of date of birth, Photo copy of damaged or lost PAN(if exist) should be sent to following address of NSDL :

NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited, 5th floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411016

  • The envelope should be subscribed with “APPLICATION FOR PAN CHANGE REQUEST- “Your Acknowledgment Number” “
  • For any query you can also contact PAN customer Care

For any query, leave your comments below.

Leave a Comment